A program of Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia where it match funds raised by Rotary club(s)
Support grants is a program of Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia where it match funds raised by Rotary club(s) to a maximum project cost of RM10,000.00 for humanitarian projects.
- Do not qualify or are too small for The Rotary Foundation Matching Grants. Rotary Clubs should seek Matching Grants from The Rotary Foundation before applying for Rotafom Support Grants.
- Projects that provide for humanitarian needs to benefit the economically disadvantaged, and provided assistance not being met by local and/or other sources.
- Have significant Rotarian involvement.
- Have visible Yayasan kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia and Rotary identity.
- Benefit no less than ten individuals directly or such number at the discretion of the Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia Trustees.
- The project must not be designed to help any individual to obtain an academic degree or professional advancement, or for any individual to attend a seminar, conference or international exchange. Projects can involve educational training, but the training must be short-term in nature and provide for basic educational needs only.
- Must not involve the establishment of a permanent foundation, trust, or permanent interest-bearing account.
- Not directly benefiting a Rotarian; an employee of the Rotary club; a spouse, lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood or legal adoption), a spouse of a lineal descendant, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any living Rotarian or Rotary employee.
- Not duplicated by any existing Rotary Foundation or other Rotary-sponsored programme.
- Exclude any liability to Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia except for the amount of the grant.
- If a Support Grant project is conducted in co-operation with a non-Rotary organisation, the following conditions must be met:
- There must be significant Rotarian involvement which includes a substantial number of Rotarians actively participating by giving their time, resources and personal involvement.
- The Rotary sponsors must clearly demonstrate that the project is initiated, controlled and conducted by Rotary, although non-Rotary participation is permitted.
- The project must have clearly visible Rotary identification designed to make the public aware of Rotary involvement.
- Both the benefiting and co-sponsoring Rotary Clubs must have knowledge of and endorse the non-Rotary organisation as being reputable and responsible, and having determined that the non-Rotary organisation is registered and acts within the laws of the country,
- Support Grant funds will not be provided to an existing project nor for activities primarily sponsored by a non-Rotary organisation.
- The non-Rotary organisation co-operating in such projects must agree to participate and co-operate in all financial review activities connected with the project.
- Maximum cost of project funding: RM10,000.00
- Contributions from the participating Rotary clubs must be at least equal to the amount requested from Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia:
Host partner Rotary club contribution :RM2500.00
Sponsoring partner Rotary club (s) contribution: RM2500.00
Support Grant by Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia: RM5,000.00
- Other organisation, donors or sponsors can supplement additional project cost above the RM10,000.00. Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia cannot match such supplement funds.
- Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia will not match the value of goods and services donated to the project.
- Host partner Rotary Club will bear the cost of all expenses incurred in securing the grant.
- Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia will not provide Support Grants to reimburse Rotary Clubs for projects already undertaken or in progress, or for projects that are already completed.
- Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia will not provide Support Grants for any project that has received a previous Support Grant
- Yayasan Keleb-Kelab Rotary Malaysia will only provide Support Grants for projects that have been reviewed and approved by the Trustees of Yayasan Keleb-Kelab Rotary Malaysia prior to the commencement of the project.
PARTNER OF THE PROJECT
- As the major sponsor and partner of the project, Yayasan kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia must be given recognition and publicity for its contribution. Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia must be included in all plaques and signage installed for the project.
- At the time of launching of the project, Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia must be named as a sponsor and accorded the status of a sponsor of the project. This includes the program, souvenir magazine, banner and backdrop.
- Please invite the Chairman and Trustee in charge of Support Grants to the official launch of the project.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND RETENTION OF 10% PAYMENT
Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia will retain 10% of the payment due to the vendor, supplier or beneficiaries pending completion of reporting requirements. This money will be release on submission of final report, including financial accounts and photographs to Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia.
- Complete application form.
- Source at least one sponsoring partner Rotary club.
- Submit application for approval.
- Confirmation of approval in writing by Trustee in Charge of Support Grants
- Payment by Host partner Rotary club and Sponsoring partner Rotary club(s) and any other expenditure incurred. Send cheque or hand over cash to the Trustee in charge with the completed Contribution Form. Do not bank in the contribution yourself or send it to the Treasurer.
- Carry out project. Remember to provide publicity to Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia and invite the Chairman and Trustee in charge of Support Grants to the official launching of the project.
- Submit invoices or claims to the Trustee in Charge and not to the Treasurer.
- Payment of 90% by Yayasan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia to vendor, suppliers, or beneficiaries,
- Can arrange advance payment by submitting invoice.
- Submit final report, including final accounts or financial statement and photographs to Yaysan Kelab Kelab Rotary Malaysia for our record.
- Release of final 10% of grant.
- Close file.